If you are facing issues with connecting to 4G on your mobile device, and only get connections on either 2G/3G, please check out the following steps to troubleshoot your settings for either Android or iOS.
If you are not able to connect to MyRepublic mobile data, check out our interactive troubleshooting guide here.
For Android Devices
- Check that your APN setting is set to "myrepublic" <not case sensitive>. More details on APN settings, refer to this article.
- Go to the 'Settings' of your Android phone
- Search "4G" at your search bar OR edit your network settings by choosing:
- ‘Connections’ on Samsung devices
- ‘Wireless & Networks’ or 'Mobile network' on HUAWEI devices
- ‘Dual SIM & Cellular Network’ on OPPO devices
- ‘Network & Internet’ on Sony devices
- ‘Network & Internet’ on Google Pixel devices
- ‘Wi-Fi & Internet’ on OnePlus devices
- Select ‘Mobile Network’ or ‘SIM & Network Settings’ or 'Mobile data'
- Under Preferred network type
- Please set to either ‘2G/3G/4G (Automatic)’ or ‘LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto’
- If there’s a separate 4G option, please ensure that it is turned on
For iOS Devices
- Check that your APN settings is set to "myrepublic" <not case sensitive>. More details on APN settings, refer to this article.
- Go to your iOS ‘Settings’
- Ensure that ‘Cellular Data’ switch is turned on
- Tap on ‘Cellular Data’ Options
- Select Voice & Data
- Select ‘Enable LTE’
- Choose ‘Data Only’