Scam calls are prevalent around the world. To mitigate spoof calls, here are some useful tips on preventing scam calls:
For suspected scam related matters, you may report to the National Crime Prevention Council Anti-Scam Hotline at 1800 722 6688.
Check out our Scam Advisory page to learn how you can safeguard yourself.
1. Blocking unknown spam call numbers on mobile devices.
iOS (Calls & SMS)
- Tap the blue “i” info icon beside the scam caller or sender. (Additional step for SMS: Tap the name of the sender.)
- Scroll down the contact card and tap Block this Caller.
- Open your Phone app.
- Go to Recent Contacts. Tap the contact number to block.
- Tap Details or "I"
- Tap the three vertical dots, usually at your screen’s top right.
- Tap Block Number (or Contact).
2. Practicing discretion when picking up calls from private numbers, overseas (if you are not expecting a call from overseas) or unknown prefix.
Customers in Singapore are advised that for local calls, there will not be a ‘+’ prefix (Example 1) and international calls have a ‘+’ prefix (Example 2).
3. If you receive suspicious unsolicited phone calls or automated voice messages, you should hang up immediately and not provide or share personal details and passwords with unknown callers.
4. Avoid providing your main contact details in contests and lucky draw applications.
Organizations may provide offers, discounts, or lucky draw opportunities to individuals that are conditional on the collection, use or disclosure of their personal data for specified purposes.
Chat with our live agents for further assistance
Or, you can submit your query to us here and we
will get back to you within 3 working days