If you are experiencing difficulties in getting OTP pin from other service providers, you can refer to this article instead. If you can't receive any SMS in general, try the troubleshooting steps below.
Let's try the following steps to get your service back up:
1. Check that you are connected to MyRepublic Network
Make sure that you are connected to the correct service provider.
How to: Go to Settings > Network Selection > set to automatic or select "MyRepublic" manually
2. Check your SMSC number
Your SMSC no. must be set to "+65 96845999" on your mobile phone.
3. Check if you accidentally block any numbers from your contact list
You may have block some numbers hence, you can't send out any SMS to them. You can try unblocking them and try again.
4. If you are using iPhone - check if iMessage is activated
- If iMessage is activated, data connection/ Wi-fi Connection is needed and the recipient should have iPhone and iMessage turned on as well
- Else, you need to change your settings to enable "Send as SMS"
5. Global SMS
For global SMS, Make sure that there is a "+" before the country code and mobile phone number of the recipient. Without the “+” sign, the message will not be sent successfully.
6. If you're having trouble connecting to our roaming partners, you can try resetting your network settings. Here's how you can do it on different phone models:
1. IOS (Apple) - Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
2. Huawei - Settings > System > Reset > Network Settings Reset
3. Samsung - Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings
4. Sony - Settings > Wireless and Networks > More > Network Settings Reset
Please note that performing a network reset will reset all your network settings, including Wi-Fi passwords. Keep in mind that your phone will restart after completing these steps.
Additional steps if you're on roaming:
1) Check that you are connected to our preferred roaming partners
You need to connect to our preferred roaming partners for your mobile service to work during roaming.
How to: Go to Settings > Network Selection > set to automatic or select our preferred roaming partners manually
2) Check that your international roaming is enabled in our mobile app
In order to roam, your international roaming needs to be enabled
How to: Go to our mobile app > select "customise my roaming" > toggle roaming service "on/ off"
3) Check that roaming is enabled in your phone settings
You also need to enable roaming on your phone so that you can connect to our preferred roaming partners during roaming.
Still not working?
If you still can't hook to the network, it could be that you are in an area with poor coverage/ reception - do try it again in a different location. If you're still not able to connect, please contact our technical support.
Chat with our live agents for further assistance
Or, you can submit your query to us here and we
will get back to you within 3 working days