Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is TVBAnywhere+?
TVBAnywhere+ is TVB’s answer to a truly global video streaming experience dedicated to Chinese content. Available in all countries worldwide (except Hong Kong, Mainland China, Taiwan, Macau, Malaysia, Vietnam, and USA), viewers could watch TVB content anytime, anywhere using this one single app.
Needless to say, TVBAnywhere+ comes with the latest drama and variety show, as well as an extensive library content of over 12,000 hours. Below are some of the key features of TVBAnywhere+:
- With 1 subscription account, paid users can enjoy 2 concurrent viewings, which you could share with your families and friends anywhere.
- Bigger Screen - TVBAnywhere+ is now available on Android TV. You could also cast whatever you’re watching onto your TV by using Miracast. For the certified model list, please click here for more details.
- Multiple Languages - Dubbed version of major drama titles will be available in Cantonese, Mandarin Chinese, Vietnamese and Thai. Subtitles will also be available in Chinese, English and Bahasa Indonesia.
In-app subscription plans without commitment - you can enjoy or cancel the service at your fingertips
2. Where can I download TVBAnywhere+ Application?
You may download "TVBAnywhere+" application via Google Play or Apple App store.
3. Does TVBAnywhere+ has any service area restriction?
TVBAnywhere+ is available for download worldwide, except for Taiwan, Macau, Vietnam, USA and Malaysia. However, due to content restriction, you will not be able to play videos in the following countries: Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, Vietnam, USA and Malaysia until further notice.
4. Is my mobile phone/ tablet compatible with TVBAnywhere+ application?
TVBAnywhere+ supports the following platforms:
- Via mobile phone (Android and iOS)
- Via tablet (selected Android models and iPad*).
- Via Android TV**
- Via screen mirroring on Miracast
5. Will there be data consumption when I use TVBAnywhere+ when I am out on the go?
Yes, normal data consumption will be applicable as per your mobile plan.
6. Where can I sign up TVBAnywhere+ with MyRepublic?
You may sign up to "TVBAnywhere+” as an add on Value-Added Service when you apply for our mobile or broadband service.
For existing customers, you may add-on TVBAnywhere+ via MyAccount. Application for TVBAnywhere+ will take up to 2 working days
Note: TVBAnywhere+ purchased from MyRepublic refers to TVBAnywhere+ VOD Zone.
7. I have subscribed to "TVB Anywhere+ Premium", but have not received my login credential, can you help me?
You will receive your login credentials via email from TVB in 1 to 2 working days after your fibre/ mobile service is activated.
If your fibre/ mobile service is already activated or you are our existing customer, you may check your junk/spam mailbox as the email with your credentials may have landed there.
Alternatively, you may also try to reset your password on the "TVBAnywhere+" application, a new password will be sent to your registered email address.
8. What is the difference of signing up to TVBAnywhere+ VOD Zone via MyRepublic or via Google Play/ App Store?
There will be no difference in content offering for the TVBAnywhere+. However, MyRepublic customers will be able to enjoy direct billing on your MyRepublic bill, as well as a special rate of $4.98/mth for mobile/ broadband subscribers.
9. What are the available packages?
TVBAnywhere+ offers 2 premium services options - VOD Zone & Channel Zone.
VOD Zone: Offers full access to all VOD content available on TVBAnywhere+ app. Latest episodes on shelf within 1 hour after HK premiere. MyRepublic mobile and broadband subscribers may add on the TVBAnywhere+ VOD Zone as a Value-added service via MyAccount.
Channel Zone: Offers 5 TVB channels with 3 hours playback function. Channels include:
- TVB International Jade
- TVB News Channel
- Entertainment News
- TVB Finance and Information Channel
- TVB Xinghe
Currently, only the VOD Zone is available for purchase with MyRepublic. If you’re interested in purchasing Channel Zone. You may do so as follows:
- Open "TVBAnywhere+" application via App Store / Google Play Store
- Through TVBAnywhere+ official website https://plus.tvbanywhere.com
- On Android TV, once TVBAnywhere+ App is downloaded, you may scan the QR code that’s displayed on the screen and you will be directed to a mobile site to complete the purchase for Channel Zone.
10. How can I terminate my "TVBAnywhere+" subscription?
You may terminate your subscription via MyAccount. The request will take up to 2 working days and you may check the Account Expiry date via the TVBAnywhere+ App, under “Account”.
11. I am a current user of TVBAnywhere+ (Free version). Can I subscribe to TVBAnywhere+ (via MyRepublic)?
Yes, you may subscribe to TVBAnywhere+ VOD Zone (via MyRepublic) via MyAccount or sign up online. We will require up to 2 working days to activate the TVB Anywhere Premium (after your mobile/ broadband order is completed), and you will receive an activation email from TVB once the request is successful. Your login and password will be the same since you already have a TVB Anywhere account.
12. I am an existing MyRepublic customer subscribing to TVBAnywhere+ via Google Play/ App Store. Can I subscribe to TVBAnywhere+ (via MyRepublic)?
If you wish to switch your TVBAnywhere+ billing to MyRepublic, you will need to cancel the subscription on Google Play/ App Store, and subscribe to TVBAnywhere+ VOD Zone via MyRepublic MyAccount. Application will take up to 2 working days.
13. I am connected to Wi-Fi/mobile data, but I am still having issue with the TVBAnywhere+ Application, can you help me?
Do try to uninstall/ install your TVBAnywhere+ application to try. If you are still not able to use TVBAnywhere+ Application, do drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and TVB will get back to you in 3 working days.
14. Can I stream TVB shows with my TVB premium credential using multiple devices?
Yes you can! For a paid subscriber, you may use the same credential on different devices. You can watch up to a maximum of 2 simultaneous viewing.
15. Can I choose different language subtitles in TVBAnywhere+ Application?
TVBAnywhere+ app currently supports Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and English displays (subjected to availability).