Step 1: Press and hold the Reset button while the router is still powered on
- Use a pin or sharp-pointed pen to press and hold on the reset button for about 10-15 seconds
- The power indicator should start to flash upon successful reset
- During the hard reset, the only power light will be on and after 1-2mins the other lights will be back on. Ideally, there should be at least 4 lights must be on: Power, Internet (Globe icon), 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
Step 2: Connect your device to the wireless name "ASUS" & set up the network
- Once connected, you will be directed to router setup page
- If you do not see the page, you can manually go to http://192.168.1.1 using your PC internet browser.
- The default username is "admin" and the default password is "admin" if prompted to login
- Click "Go" button at the bottom of the page to begin the setup
Step 3: New Password
- You will be asked to set a new router administrator password. It is advisable to key in the default password - "admin"
- If you wish to set own router password, please be reminded that if you forget the new password set - the only way to access router admin page again is to do a hard reset of router again.
- Click on “Next” button to continue to set up
Step 4: New Wireless Setting
- Go to “Wireless Setting” page, key in the network name (SSID) and network key (password) that you want for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. E.g. MyWireless_5G, MyWireless
- Note: Please do not to set the exact same network name(SSID) for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. However, network key can be the same for both
- Once you are set - a message will appear “You have changed SSID or security setting. Thus it will result in wireless clients disconnect. Please adjust the client's setting for connecting again”.
Step 5: Try connecting your device to the new network settings
- Click on the wireless icon on your device to connect to new wireless name (SSID) and key in the network key (password) set earlier
- Once successfully connected to the new wireless name, you should be able to access the internet!
If you have any trouble resetting your device, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Support:-