Step 1: Press and hold the Reset button while the router is still powered on
- Use a pin or sharp-pointed pen to press and hold on the reset button for about 10-15 seconds
- The power indicator should start to flash upon successful reset
- During the hard reset, the only power light will be on and after 1-2mins the other lights will be back on. Ideally, there should be at least 4 lights must be on: Power, Internet (Globe icon), 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
Step 2: Connect your device to the wireless name "ASUS" & set up the network
- Once connected, you will be directed to router setup page
- If you do not see the page, you can manually go to http://192.168.1.1 using your PC internet browser.
- The default username is "admin" and the default password is "admin" if prompted to login
- Click "Go" button at the bottom of the page to begin the setup
Step 3: New Password
- You will be asked to set a new router administrator password. It is advisable to key in the default password - "admin"
- If you wish to set own router password, please be reminded that if you forget the new password set - the only way to access router admin page again is to do a hard reset of router again.
- Click on “Next” button to continue to set up
Step 4: New Wireless Setting
- Go to “Wireless Setting” page, key in the network name (SSID) and network key (password) that you want for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. E.g. MyWireless_5G, MyWireless
- Note: Please do not to set the exact same network name(SSID) for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. However, network key can be the same for both
- Once you are set - a message will appear “You have changed SSID or security setting. Thus it will result in wireless clients disconnect. Please adjust the client's setting for connecting again”.
Step 5: Try connecting your device to the new network settings
- Click on the wireless icon on your device to connect to new wireless name (SSID) and key in the network key (password) set earlier
- Once successfully connected to the new wireless name, you should be able to access the internet!
If you have any trouble resetting your device, you can contact us at +65 6717 1680 (press option 1 for mobile and 5 for technical support).