Guide to setting up your Wi-Fi Hub
This is how your set up should look like:
Step by Step Set Up Guide
Plug one end of the power pack into an electrical outlet, and the other end into the MyRepublic Wi-Fi hub
Connect an Ethernet cable between the Red WAN port on the back of the MyRepublic Wi-Fi Hub to the port 1 on the ONT (Alcatel Lucent) installed by your technician.
- Once everything is connected, power on the MyRepublic Wi-Fi Hub using the black button on the back.
- Your device will power on. The light in the top-left corner of the Wi-Fi Hub's LAN port should blink green once an internet connection has been established
- If you look at the front of the Wi-Fi Hub, the WAN LED light should start blinking green, indicating that the internet connection is active and data is being transmitted.
Getting connected - Via Ethernet Cable
Use an Ethernet cable and connect your computer to one of the LAN 4 ports (yellow colored) on the back of your MyRepublic Wi-Fi Hub
Getting connected - Using Wi-Fi
- Locate your Wi-Fi network name and Wi-Fi password on your Wi-Fi security card or on the white sticker located on the back of your Wi-Fi Hub.
- Connect any wireless device to the MyRepublic Wi-Fi Hub using the password provided
- When connecting to your Wi-Fi Hub wirelessly, ensure that your wireless device is configured
to obtain an IP address automatically. Most devices are usually configured this way.
- If you’re having difficulties connecting wirelessly, your device may need to be configured in a
specific way. We suggest checking your device’s manual for additional support.
Need more info? Download the Wi-Fi Hub 2017 Quick Start Guide here